We’re only a few days away from our great event. Therefore, here are important details to make sure you have a wonderful experience!
Included with your registration
Along with your participation in this unique event in Quebec, you will receive:
- The official ZOOGRANBY5K-RBC medal
- Free access to Zoo de Granby for the entire day
- A snack after the race
- Timekeeping service (5K route only)
Retrieving your race bib and t-shirt
- On the eve of the event, at the Horace-Boivin Pavillon from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- If you retrieve your race bib on the day of the race, please present yourself at least an hour before the first start of the race planned at 8:30 a.m.
Free the animal inside you
Would you like to come to the zoo wearing an animal costume? Well, it’s possible! Get dressed up as your favourite animal or in any fun animal costume and blend in with our environment!
Present yourself at least an hour before the start of the race.
Strollers and walkers must start at the end of the wave (mandatory).
- First departure is at 8:30 a.m.!
- Departures are organized in 7 corrals of 250 participants. When you register, you will have to choose your corral according to your speed:
- at 8:30 am - Leopard - less than 30 minutes
at 8:35 am – Zebra - 30 to 35 minutes
at 8:40 am - Giraffe - 30 to 35 minutes
at 8:45 am – Rhino - 35 to 40 minutes
at 8:50 am – Ostrich – 35 to 40 minutes
at 8:55 am – Alligator - more than 40 minutes
at 9:00 am – Camel - more than 40 minutes
- There will be 2 departures.
- The first departure is set for 10:00 a.m.!
Race routes followed
- The 5K route runs through every corner of the zoo including service alleys and other such areas not normally accessible to the public.
- The 1K route starts by the Amazoo Water Park and travels into the african continent of the Zoo.
Food and water
It is your responsibility to hydrate yourself properly before the race, especially if the forecast calls for warm weather. Volunteers will be offering water at 2.5 km from the starting line. As you arrive at the finish line, a snack and water will also be given to you.
Strollers are welcome and must start out at the end of each corral, no matter the speed you registered in your registration forms.
You will be able to use the zoo parking areas located at 1050 Boulevard David-Bouchard N, Granby, QC, J2H 0Y6.
Zoo entrance (included with your registration)
- The zoo will open with its regular scheduled activities at 11:00 a.m.
- After finishing your race, on presentation of your bib at the gate, you will get access to the site.
- People who are not registered in the race will be able to purchase an entrance ticket at the regular fall rates at the zoo ticket office starting at 10:30 a.m.
Entertainment and games during the event
We have organized a special area just for kids! This zone will, of course, be accessible for our non-registered visitors as well.
- Inflatable games, mascots, etc.
You can register for the 5K and 1K races on the same day at the registration table for $50.
Again, thank you so much for your participation. We’re excited to welcome you on Sunday September 15, starting at 7:00 a.m.!
Hoping to see you then,
The Organizing Committee